Will be played on the Playstation 3
• You may use any of the 32 NFL teams from the 2013 Madden roster. No special teams will be used (All Madden, Canton Greats, etc.)
• You are allowed to change teams during the tournament. You can also change your playbook at anytime during the tournament.
• Single Elimination
• One Player vs One Player
Game settings are default. Skill level is MADDEN. AI levels are default.
Challenges are on. Game clock will be 3:00 minute quarters unless specified by tournament director to speed up the tournament if it starts getting behind time. Play calling will be Gameflow
• Random weather is OFF
• Substitutions can only be changed before the game, at halftime or if you use a timeout.
• If you pause the game (using the start button), you must burn a timeout as a penalty. If you have no timeouts left, you will be required to take a penalty (delay of game for offense or offsides for defense).
• Half-time will last 3 minutes, unless both teams agree to start the second half before the 3 minutes are up.
• If the game remains tied after overtime, restart the game with the same setup, and the first team to score will win.
• In the event of a outage of power, accidental unplugging, system freeze or some other event not in either player’s control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will be restarted using the “situational setup” to exactly match the score, settings, quarter, time and possession so the game can continue as it was.
• Home field advantage will be determined by a flip of a coin. The winner in both situations will choose their team first.
Stadium• If the players agree on a stadium it may be played, otherwise, the default stadium will be Cardinals (Closed)• Championship Game will be held as the Super Bowl.
Reporting Violations (Very Important)• If you feel that your opponent is cheating, notify a referee. Their decision is final and the violators could be kicked out of the tournament.
• No profanity will be used at any point during tournament
Glitch & Cheating Rules (Very Important)
• D-Lineman must be kept on the screen (as long as you can see a piece of them). LB’s can move anywhere on screen.
• Use of hurry offense is permitted.
• Onside kicks- the use of onside kicks are prohibited at any point in the game, unless the opponent is ahead by 21 points or more or you are down in the 4th quarter.
• In the situation right before the half, if your opponent is attempting a FG you CANNOT jump offsides in an attempt to make the clock run out and end the half.
• No fake punts or fake FG’s.
• Coaching- no one will be allowed to assist any player with decisions during the game. Anyone who does so will be pointed toward the front door. Headphones for music will be allowed, but cell phones and cell phone earpieces will not be allowed during game play. No game stoppage for cell phone calls.
• Screen toggling: No excessive screen toggling will be allowed during the snap of the ball or before a FG or Punt. Abuse of this rule will result in use of time out or in case of FG situation re-kick.
Additional In-Game Rules
• We reserve the right to add additional rules at anytime during the tournament especially when a new glitch is found.